Ferrari FXX Evoluzione is a supercar, capable of extreme performance. Ferrari FXX Evoluzione is also one of the most exclusive supercars from Maranello. To give you an example, it can reach a top speed of nearly 400 kilometers per hour. They were intended exclusively for racetrack driving, and therefore not possible to register for use in everyday traffic.
Only 38 Ferrari FXX Evoluzione produced, and only one is street legal
The production number of Ferrari FXX Evoluzione ended at number 38, and only one of these can be registered for driving in everyday traffic. And exactly this one, the only street legal nine-year-old 2008 Ferrari FXX Evoluzione is now for sale. And this kind of exclusivity, of course, has its price. The seller wants no less than 10 million pounds for it (approx. 11.7 million EUR or 12 million USD).
Is Ferrari FXX Evoluzione an F1 car with a windscreen wiper?
Undoubtedly, auctioned Ferrari FXX is a remarkable specimen that will surely find a suitable buyer or collector. The car is dressed in Rosso Corsa paint job and has a black interior. Under the bonnet, there is a 6.3-liter naturally aspirated V12 engine with a total power of 850 horsepower (633 kilowatts) at 9500 rpm, a 6-speed sequential gearbox and rear wheel drive.
This engine can push the FXX Evoluzione all the way to its top speed of almost 400 kilometers per hour (247 mph) and is able to reach 100 kilometers per hour from standstill in 2.5 seconds
Built in 2008, and modified for the road in 2015, it has traveled only 1,300 miles (2,092 kilometers) so far. Undoubtedly it is in excellent condition, with all the supporting maintenance papers by Ferrari, as well as all the original parts if the buyer would want to rebuild it back to the track version.
Interesting fact: in 2009, the black Ferrari FXX, owned by former F1 driver Michael Schumacher, appeared in a Top Gear show, beating the Top Gear’s circuit record lap time by 7 seconds. The record time was removed shortly after because, during the race, the car was equipped with slick racing tires and therefore not street legal, which is one of the requirements for being on their board.
Ferrari FXX specification
- Engine: 6.3 L V12 Longitudinal, rear-mid-mounted, 65-degree, naturally aspirated aluminum V12
- Valvetrain: DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder with continuously variable timing
- Fuel system: Bosch Motronic ME7 Sequential Electronic Injection
- Max power: 588 kW (799 PS; 789 hp) at 8500 rpm
- Max torque: 686 N·m (506 lb·ft) at 5750 rpm
- Specific Output: 128 PS (94 kW; 126 hp) per litre
- Length: 4,832 mm (190.2 in)
- Width: 2,040 mm (80.3 in)
- Height: 1,127 mm (44.4 in)
- Curb weight: 1,165 kg (2,568 lb)
- Wheelbase: 2,650 mm (104 in)
- Front track: 1,660 mm (65 in)
- Rear track: 1,650 mm (65 in)
- Front wheels: 483 mm (19.0 in) x 229 mm (9.0 in)
- Rear wheels: 483 mm (19.0 in) x 330 mm (13 in)
- Drive system: RWD w/TCS
- 0-100 kilometers per hour acceleration: 2.5 seconds
- Top speed: 345 kilometers per hour (214 mph)
- Front brakes: Brembo CCM (carbon-ceramic) discs w/6-piston calipers, power assist ABS
- Rear brakes: Brembo CCM (carbon-ceramic) discs w/4-piston calipers, power assist ABS
The FXX Evolution version increases the total power to 850 hp. In addition, the drag coefficient is lowered and the gear shifting times are reduced from 80 to 60 milliseconds per shift.
Image credit: all photos courtesy of Amari Supercars via Autotrade.co.uk